15 iul. 2010

The Last Night

"I can not believe that we have to leave." - Petra said.
"Do not be sad hayaty. Just think of all we had here. One day we will return and take all we left here. The rocks at the seaside are all witnesses of our perfect week. And you know, no matter how far we will be from each other, we are close. There is no time and space anymore. There is just you and me in the center of the universe. Just think that although we are apart, we are still under the same sky. The same sun is above us every day, and in the night, when you will miss me as much as I will miss you, just look up to the sky, you will see the same stars that I will see. We will look up every night at exactly 10 o`clock, OK? If you do so, you will see me smiling to you, and I will see the same. So do not forget to smile to me, that will help me pass through the grey every days, and I will help you too. We knew from the very beginning that it would not be easy, but we assumed this risk."
"But it will be so hard..." - started to cry Petra.
"Come here hayaty."
He took her in his arms and hoped that she would not see his tears. He tried to stay strong for her, but the pain he felt inside was at least as deep as she felt. It was like the whole world crushed on them, like the apocalypse came that night to Istanbul, it was the end of the world, the end of the life they wanted to live every day. Both of them wanted to freeze the whole existence of the planet so they could stay like that for eternity. But they could not. One thing was sure, they wanted other perfect weeks to fulfill their lives.
"Hayaty, I do not want to spend my last night in Istanbul like this, crying. We have to do something, something that we would both remember. Something crazy."
Petra agreed. It was not worth staying in the hotel and crying. It would be the most stupid thing they could do in their last Turkish night.
So they walked to the seaside. Petra took off the necklace she was wearing and put it on Ameen`s neck. "This will take care of you when I can not." - she said then kissed him.
"I want to dance with you hayaty." - he said.
"So lets. The music is us, the feelings play the greatest melody in our souls, so we can dance."
"It`s such a perfect day, I`m glad I spend it with you, such a perfect day, you just keep me hanging on..." - they were singing one of their songs and danced in the moonlight at the seaside.
They stood there till morning. They made plans all night. They even choosed the furniture for the house they wanted to have, the names for the babies they wished. It was night, dark, so everything was possible. They let themselves fly. And they flied for hours through all their dreams, all their wishes. None of them was sad, but full of life, of things they had to do.
They just stood on a rock and wished this night would never end.
"I will miss your touches, your eyes, the smell of your skin. That specific smell of lily of the valley, the great plant we do not have at home."
"I am glad you do not have it, at least you will not feel that on anybody else." - said ironically Petra and she let Ameen caress her neck, shoulders..
"I will miss everything hayaty."
"I know. Me too. But at least we both found out what were we waiting for and had a chance to decide weather we want this to continue or not.
"This week was the greatest week in my entire life. I never felt so alive before. Everything has another perspective now. It is worth waiting, learning, trying to do something, because no matter what I do, it is no longer for me, but for us."
"Yes, for us and the future we will have together. Ameen, will you do something for me?"
"Sure hayaty, anything."
"You know when I told you about the place I want to see the most on this earth?"
"Of course I know, Petra, the lost city."
"I want you to make a trip there and write our names in the sand. People will not see that forever, but still, it will be there forever and a day. I want you to go to Wadi Rum, to see a sunrise there and while watching it, I want you to think of me, talk to me. Though I will not hear, but I will surely understand. And though I will not see, I will feel us being there. Could you do that?"
"Yes, I will do that. But only if you go on the top of your mountain and send me a kiss on the wings of the wind. From the day when you sent me the picture of you standing on that mountain, I keep dreaming about kissing you there. It is like a hidden wish of mine, which now is not hidden anymore."
"Deal. But in the meantime you may kiss me right here." - said Petra and kissed him.
"I wish we both could tell everybody from home that we had a perfect week. I feel bad for lieing my family about my trip, but in the same time I am so happy I did it. Because this was the only way I could get here and keep you in my arms."
"I know. I also wish I could tell everybody that I was with the love of my life without hearing that all Arabs are terrorists. But it is just the way it is. We have to be patient a little more. In the end there will be nothing anybody could do anyway."
The first rays of the sun started to wake up from the sea. The clock was ticking against them. Ameen`s bus was at 10 o`clock, Petra`s at 14. They went back to the hotel to pack their things. There were many things to be said, but none of them could talk. The pain they felt inside was too strong. They went together to the bus station. Hand in hand but without a word. And then it was the time. Ameen had to go on the bus.
"I do not want you to cry. I will write you from time to time on my way too, OK hayaty? Be strong. You are my supergirl, and supergirls don`t cry."
Petra tried to do as Ameen said but when she saw that his tears were flowing too, she could no longer control herself. He held her one more time and went on the bus.
"I love you till my last breath." - he said before the doors closed.
"Me too..." - she answered.
As the bus reached the corner of the street, it started to rain. It was pouring. And Petra was there in the middle of Istanbul and she let the rain wash her face, her tears, her whole body. She felt like a piece of her heart died. She went across the street, stopped at Laleli mosque, then she went back to the hotel room. She felt Ameen as still being there, started to talk to him, but all she heard was the silence of the walls. She fell on the bed and cried till her head hurt, her eyes hurt, her whole body became weak. The pillow that had Ameen`s smell combined with rose oil was wet from her tears. Finally she lit up a cigarette and started to pack her things.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu